Power consumption settings
To take advantage of Windows’ ability to adjust server power consumption (and reduce costs) based on workload:
1. During system boot, press F9 to run the ROM-Based Setup Utility (RBSU).
2. Select Power Management Options.
3. Select HP Power Profile.
4. Select Custom.
5. Select HP Power Regulator.
6. Select OS Control Mode
7. Select Advanced Power Management Options.
8. Select Minimum Processor Idle Power Core State.
9. Select C1E State
Enable a System Address Mode of 44-bit:
During system boot, press F9 to run the ROM-Based Setup Utility (RBSU).
A. Select Advanced Options.
B. Select Advanced System ROM Options.
C. Select Address Mode 44-bit
Recommended settings for DL980 G7 BIOS for Windows 2008 R2